The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways

We've been praying for months that Emily would be healed and not need surgery to remove the branchial cleft cyst in her neck. We were under the impression that she would need surgery shortly after her 1st birthday, since then she would be big enough to be anesthetized. The cyst isn't harmful to her at all, but it does have to be removed eventually since it will be problematic if and when Emily gets any kind of infection.

We had a follow-up appointment with her ENT yesterday (whom I love, by the way. He spent most of the time playing peek-a-boo with her. If you are in the Savannah area and ever need an ENT (but I hope you don't!) go see Dr. Poole) and the news I got was great, but not exactly what I expected to hear. He told us that he didn't need to see Emily again until she is 2 years old! So she will NOT be having surgery in a few months! I am thrilled about this since it gives me a lot more time to pray for healing. Maybe God doesn't like to be rushed. Who knows?

All I know is that I am so glad that my baby will not be having surgery just yet. Thank the Lord!

4 comments:

Suburban Turmoil said...
November 19, 2009 at 1:47 PM

That's fabulous news! The older she is, the better, right? I'll pray for Emily, too. :)

LeAnna said...
November 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Praise the Lord for that!

The Pifer's said...
November 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I just wanted to you know your family is in my prayers!!!

Love, Hugs and Prayers--
Tiffany

Back to Home Back to Top A Look Into My World. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.