Our Quick Getaway

Denny & I wanted to spend some quality, baby-free time together before summer ended, so we planned a quick trip to Atlanta. We packed a lot of stuff into only 2 days and we had an amazing time! The only thing I didn't like was being away from Emily for so long. It's the longest we've been apart so far and although it was was much needed, I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon.

On our way to Atlanta, we stopped in Juliette to eat lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe. We tried to eat there on our last trip up north but sadly, it was closed. We had much better luck this time! Of course we tried the fried green tomatoes which were good, but I am just not really a fan of tomatoes. The dipping sauce was awesome though.












I wanted to stay and walk around and take more pictures but it was just SO HOT. Denny was practically begging me to get in the car and go! We then stopped in Macon at Bass Pro Shop. Can you guess who wanted to stop there? We have one in Savannah but Denny said that it would be different, so he had to check it out. After that we were off to a store that I have been wanting to go to for years - IKEA! Those 3 hours that we spent there were my favorite part of the whole weekend. Seriously, if you have never been to an Ikea, GO! I could have lived in there. No really, there were beds and bathrooms and kitchens and I literally could have lived in there. While we were there we had to try some of their swedish meatballs. I didn't get a picture of them but trust me, they were good.

Did I mention that we got lost trying to find Ikea? Well we did. And then we got majorly lost when we left. We wanted to go to downtown Atlanta and check out the Olympic Park and Underground Atlanta. When we finally found what we were looking for, we were too scared to even get out of the car. I had assumed that we would be ok - we were right in the middle of everything. The World of Coke, CNN, the aquarium and the zoo were all right there, but let's just say that Atlanta's major attractions are not in the safest area. Or maybe it was because it was 6:00 on a Sunday evening. I bet that it is much different during the week, or at least I hope it is!

After we fled for our lives, I wanted to find a Kohl's store and check that out since I'd never been. If you've never been either, don't go. Seriously, don't even waste your time. So after getting lost again, we made one last stop to eat dinner at The Varsity! I was so super excited to eat there. I'd never been but had always wanted to go and it is super famous here in Georgia. I don't really like hot dogs but I just had to get one and I'm sorry if I upset you by what I'm about to say but, GROSS. There was absolutely nothing special about it and it tasted just like the ones at Krystal. Our fries weren't that good either and I honestly don't understand why the place is so popular! Here are some pictures anyway.












After dinner we were exhausted and tired of riding so it was time to find our hotel and get some sleep. And do you know what we did? We got lost. Again! In my defense, we did have our GPS with us but our hotel didn't show up on it. The funny thing is, we stopped to get gas as soon as we got off on our exit. Then we left the gas station and drove around for about 15 minutes looking for our hotel, only to find out that it was right behind the gas station where we had just been. We were literally a few hundred feet away from it and didn't even know it! 

The second day of our trip was spent at Six Flags and we could not have picked a better day to go. Other than it being about 100 degrees that day and being covered in sweat after being there for an hour, it was unbelievably fun. We went on a Monday and the park was so empty! The first ride that we rode was the Scream Machine and we rode all by ourselves! We rode several rides without ever having to stand in line and the longest line we stood in was maybe 30 minutes. I didn't take my camera because I didn't want to have to keep up with it all day, and I'm glad we didn't take any pictures because we both looked like a hot mess. It was fun spending time with my sweety and it was so much fun to see him get scared when we were going up the first hill on all of the roller coasters. I can't wait until Emily is big enough to go!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...
August 20, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Even though I consider myself a S. Ga. girl now, I grew up north of ATL! Love Juliet! Love the Varsity (it's a childhood thing!) Love 6 Flags!
Never been to IKEA but dying to go!
Several yrs. ago, my SIL and I took our kids to the Kids Museum in downtown ATL and we got lost trying to get to the Varsity! And we're both ATL natives, so don't feel bad abt getting turned around!

Glad y'all fun!

Lauren said...
August 26, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Sadly, I also detest the V. But Hubs luuuurves it and lived across the highway from it at GaTech. It's a wonder he isn't 700 lbs. Hope you had fun otherwise!

Trends Offers said...
November 20, 2023 at 2:22 PM

"Home Haven Hustle: Your Fiverr Journey Begins Now!"
Transform your home into a haven of opportunity with Fiverr. Sign up now to unlock the secrets of making money online from the comfort of your own space. Join the Fiverr revolution today! Click here now: https://bit.ly/3G5A0O7

Back to Home Back to Top A Look Into My World. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.